Was a Guest Speaker at This Recent Event.
April 12-13, 2010
Dress: Business casual
Monday, April 12
3:00 – 6:00 p.m. All guests arrive in New York City
Check into Cooper Square Hotel
25 Cooper Square
New York City
7:00 p.m. Cocktails and Dinner
Table 8 (hotel restaurant)
25 Cooper Square
Tuesday, April 13
Roundtable location Nielsen/CSNews Headquarters
770 Broadway (entrance on 9th Street, between 4th Avenue and Broadway, short walk from Cooper Square Hotel)
8:30 a.m. Continental Breakfast
8:50 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Welcome Remarks and Introductions
Michael Hatherill, Publisher, CSNews
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. 2nd Annual CSNews Consumer Foodservice Study
Results of exclusive consumer study on how shoppers perceive and purchase foodservice from c-stores.
Don Longo, Editor-in-Chief, CSNews
Linda Lisanti, Senior Editor, CSNews
10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Coffee and Networking Break
10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Guest Speaker: Tim Powell, Director, Convenience Store Foodservice, Technomics
11:15 a.m. – Noon Group Discussion: Hot Dispensed Beverages
• What do you need to have a first-class hot beverage program?
• Benefits of house branded vs. generic coffee program
• Best practices in coffee: quality, water, hold times, controlling waste
• What does it take to have a successful specialty coffee program – flavored, cappuccino, espresso?
• How are other hot beverages performing – tea, hot chocolate, Chai, hot milk beverages? Any rising stars?
• Promotional strategies that work
Noon – 1:00 p.m. Catered Lunch
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Group Discussion: Prepared Foods
• Focus on fresh – full steam ahead or slowing down?
• High touch, some touch, no touch – which is the right tactic for you?
• What’s new with roller grills?
• Shifts in daypart traffic?
• Consistency, execution, quality control and food safety: what are the best practices?
• Best selling/fastest-growing food items
• New trends in flavor – ethnic foods growing?
• New or emerging foodservice technologies/equipment
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Group Discussion: Cold & Frozen Dispensed Beverages
• What makes a first-class cold dispensed program – best practices in quality control, brixing, water, flavor offerings
• What’s selling best at the fountain?
• Relationship between packaged beverage sales and fountain volume
• Frozen beverages – coming back?
3:00 p.m. Wrap-Up & Departures
Transportation will be provided to the three local airports and Penn Station